learning my lines. . .
Donate and become a CPYU Ministry Partner today!
The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding is a nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers.
Sign up to receive CPYU's FREE e-mail resource!
Follow the link above to hear today's show, "Binge Drinking Dangers"
Providing information and resources for parents, youth workers and educators to help kids navigate their digital world
New at CPYU
Thanks for your support of CPYU and stay tuned!
by Donald Opitz and Derek Melleby
#1 at the Box Office
"Mr. Peabody & Sherman" here
Youth Culture News
- Anonymous social media app Yik Yak poses danger to children
- New study finds teens have risky definitions of 'safe driving'
- 'Frozen' returns to #1 on Billboard 200 for sixth week
- How brands can connect with teens using social media
- Social media affecting teens' concepts of friendship, intimacy
- Millennials & fame
- Social media makes teenagers 'feel like inadequate star of their own second-rate biopic'
- To keep teenagers alert, schools let them sleep in
- Marlboro accused of encouraging teens to smoke with global ad campaign
- Allowing teenagers to have a partner sleep over?
Articles, Research & More
How to Help Parents Avoid Raising Self-Obsessed Kids - A podcast from ParentMinistry.net with Dr. Walt Mueller
25 Years of Helping Parents Understand Teens - Our local paper wrote up a story about our 25 years of ministry and upcoming banquet!
Behind the Book - Donald Opitz and Derek Melleby on Learning for the Love of God
I Doubt It - Making space for hard questions, from Fuller Youth Institute
Sequels, Selfies and Space: 2013 at the Movies - Research from Barna
Confessions of an ex-Evangelical, Pro-Same Sex Marriage Millennial - A guest letter is posted in a thoughtful blog post from Rod Dreher
The relationship between cell phone use, academic performance, anxiety, and satisfaction with life in college students - Research published in Computers in Human Behavior
Generation Like - Frontline from PBS explores the relationship between teens, social media, and corporate marketing
Youth Culture Hot Quote
"Social media is running rampant. We could get to the point where without those phones or iPads or whatever kids are texting or typing on, they (young people) won't even know how to communicate, how to sit down and have a conversation with each other verbally."
- Legendary Motown singer/composer Smokey Robinson, USA Today, January 28, 2014
Host a CPYU Seminar!
How to Use Your Head to Guard Your Heart: A 3(D) Guide to Making
Responsible Media Choices
Book a Seminar
CPYU offers a variety of different seminars and speakers.
If you're interested in booking a seminar, please fill out our on-line seminar request form.