learning my lines. . .
By Walt Mueller, Posted 12/11/2013
I ran across this great little two-minute interview that Jefferson Bethke did with Tim Keller. In the clip, Keller shares what he thinks are some of the best and worst marks of the emerging generation. An astute cultural observer who looks at the world through the lens of a solid and balanced worldview, Keller points out one of the frustrating ironies of the kids we work with. . . what it is that they aspire to and how they then fail to make that happen. In reality, all generations do the same thing in some way, shape, or form...More...
Donate and become a CPYU Ministry Partner today!
The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding is a nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers.
Sign up to receive CPYU's FREE e-mail resource!
Follow the link above to hear today's show, "Facetune"
Providing information and resources for parents, youth workers and educators to help kids navigate their digital world
New at CPYU
College Transition Initiative
#1 at the Box Office
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" here
Youth Culture News
- Garth Brooks earns 9th #1 album, Britney Spears debuts at #4
- Teens dig digital privacy, if Snapchat is any indication
- Adult in-car phone use higher than teens
- Mystery solved: Why teens are nuts
- School stress takes a toll on health, teens and parents say
- Parents, beware of bullying on sites you've never seen
- Inside the teenage mind: Sex, school and social media
- Teen pregnancy rate near record low
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $36.1M
- Teens chasing scarce U.S. jobs boosted by state programs
- 10 reasons why you should quit watching porn
Articles, Research & More
Doped Up on Media: How video games and social media are changing our brains - A video from Dr. Andrew Doan
Teen Identity Theft: Fraud, Security, and Steps Teens are Taking to Protect Themselves Online - From the Family Online Safety Institute
Prodigal Pastor Kids: Fact or Fiction? - Barna takes a look at this topic
Youth Exposure to Alcohol Advertising on Television - A report from the CDC
The Teenage Brain on Porn - Is porn coloring a teenager's ideas of what sex should be like before they experience it? A video from ABCNews explores the topic
Children, Adolescents, and the Media - Council on Communications and Media, published in Pediatrics
Photo and Video Sharing Grow Online - Research from the Pew Research Center
Youth Culture Hot Quote
"Tech shouldn't replace normal kid actvities, but it's not the enemy either. Children will look to their parents to see how it's done. It's important to take some time, whether it's a block on the weekend or an hour every night, to just really unplug and focus on the family."
- Randi Zuckerberg, the author of Dot Complicated: Untangling Our Wired Lives, former Facebook executive, and brother of Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg; New York Daily News, November 5, 2013
Host a CPYU Seminar!
How to Use Your Head to Guard Your Heart: A 3(D) Guide to Making
Responsible Media Choices
Book a Seminar
CPYU offers a variety of different seminars and speakers.
If you're interested in booking a seminar, please fill out our on-line seminar request form.